¿How safe is to give your personal information on websites such as Facebook, Instagram, my space and any others?

It's obviosly that social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others websites aren't safe anymore. Most people aren't cautious when they give their intimate information, some of them believe that as long as they take minimum safety measures (like not sharing their ID card number), they'll stay safe. However, in most cases, we unwittingly expose our privacy and security by naively posting our email address, phone number, pictures with intimate life details and showing our current location, etc. While it may have serious consequences, today's society, especially young people, has created a world where overexposure is normal, that's because as the more Likes they get and as visits to  their profiles increase, their privacy and security move to the background.

In my case, although I like sharing some moments of my personal life in social media, I don't share information that's risky for my security. I also keep my account private, in that way, everything I post will be seen only by my friends and acquaintances.

It depends on us to act responsibly and create a safe environment on social media.

 

Comentarios

Entradas populares